Are you dreaming of setting up your own professional email address? Well, with Outlook.com, you can now very easily set up one with your business name. Just follow the simple Outlook email setup instructions below, and get your own business email.
Get your domain mail service
- Navigate to Windows Live Admin Centre and choose Get Started.
- On the next screen, enter your existing Microsoft account or create a new one. This account is used to manage the domain and it needs to be an active or valid one as you will get verification mail from Microsoft to check this account.
- If you have chosen an existing Microsoft account, then sign in. If you want a new account, fill up the details on the form provided.
- Wait for the verification email. To verify your email address, click on the link provided in the email.
- Validate your requests and agree to the Microsoft’s terms and conditions.
Configure MX and TXT records
- Next step is to configure the MX and TXT records. MX records inform the domain servers that you make use of mail servers from Microsoft. The ownership of the domain is checked by the TXT records. For this, edit your DNS settings and enter the MX and TXT strings to it. You can find the strings on the domain control page in the Admin Centre.
- WordPress hosting providers usually utilize cpanel for account administration. If you are not familiar with the new interface, look for the Domain Settings page. Here you are provided with the options to edit the DNS settings or add MX records. Please get help from your web host if you still cannot find them.
Create your Business Email Accounts
- Choose your domain from the Admin Center. Choose the options on the left pane of the window to handle the different accounts. The Open Membership option allows the users to sign up with your domain name. There are other options to create different email accounts for your relatives, staffs or friends. Since you are the administrator of the account, you have the option to delete any account from your domain.
That’s it! Just like an Outlook email setup, you have successfully created your own professional email account with your business name on it. With this new professional email address, you can now brand your business and your products.