Outlook 2007 is a very streamlined email program. You can configure an email account in Outlook 2007, but the problem is that most people don’t know how to configure it. No worries my friend, this article will help you configure your Rogers email account in Outlook.
So now, how do you configure Rogers email account in Outlook 2007? The Outlook email setup procedure for configuring the email account is a very simple procedure. To learn more about it, read on.
Outlook email setup to configure the email account
1. To start off with the Outlook email setup procedure, open the Outlook program. Go to the “Tools” option and click on the “Account settings” button.
2. To continue with the Outlook email setup procedure, select the “Email” tab and click on “New”. Now, you have to check the “Manually Configure Server Settings” and hit the “Next” button. Select the Internet E-mail and procedure with the Outlook email setup by clicking on “Next”.
3. Now, on the required fields, enter your name, email address, your account type (POP3), your incoming mail server (pop.broadband.rogers.com) and your outgoing mail server (smtp.broadband.rogers.com). Now, enter your username, this will be your complete Rogers email ID. (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org). To proceed with the Outlook email setup procedure, enter your email password in the required field and click on the “Next” button.
4. Go to your “Outgoing server” tab and check the option called “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
5. To proceed with the Outlook email setup procedure, go to the “Advanced” tab and enter “587” at the field which says “Outgoing server (SMTP)”. To return to the “Add new e-mail account”, click on OK.
Now your Rogers email account is configured. That should be all the help you will need to complete the Outlook email setup procedure to configure Rogers email account in Outlook 2007.