Isn’t it great to have a program like Microsoft Outlook with which you can access multiple email accounts, schedule your calendar, maintain your contacts etc? The answer is a definite yes. Nowadays, we all have more than one email account and to manage them all is a bit difficult, and that’s where this program enters the picture. This email program lets you manage all your email accounts from one place and this is probably the most attractive feature of this email program. If you have an inbox.com email account and want to configure it with Outlook 2003, you have come to the right place. Here are the Outlook email setup steps to do just that.
Outlook email setup procedure for inbox.com
If you want use your inbox.com email account with this email client, then follow the Outlook email setup steps given below.
- Kick off this Outlook email setup process by launching your email program.
- Choose “Tools” from the menu bar.
- Continue this Outlook email setup procedure by selecting the “Email accounts” option.
- Select the “Add a new email account” option and then press the “Next” button.
- Choose “POP3” as your server type and then hit the “Next” button.
- The sixth step in this Outlook email setup process is to provide your username and email account.
- Now, provide your log in information.
- Give “my.inbox.com” as both the incoming server address (POP3) and the outgoing server address (SMTP).
- Now, select “More settings” and under the tab titled “Outgoing server”, mark the check box which says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Then, hit the “Next” button and finish this Outlook email setup procedure by pressing the “Finish” button.
If you have followed the above mentioned Outlook email setup procedure correctly, then your inbox.xom email account will be ready to use in Outlook 2003.