Don’t you feel lucky to have programs like Microsoft Outlook? It serves multiple purposes and offers varied utilities and features. Apart from providing you with an easy emailing experience, it allows you to set up numerous email accounts. No matter what your email provider, you can depend on Outlook email setup to help you get the account configured with Outlook. Why, you can even configure Lycos with this email program. And here’s the Outlook email setup process to setup your Lycos email account with Outlook.
The Outlook email setup procedure for configuring Lycos with Outlook
- To begin with the Outlook email setup process, launch the program and click on “Tools”. From the “Tools” menu, select “Email Accounts” and then click on the “New” option.
- Now click on “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP” and hit “Next”
- The next step in the Outlook email setup process requires you to check the box “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and then click “Next”.
- In the next window that opens, select “Internet mail” and hit “Next”.
- Enter your name and your email address. Then select “POP3″ from the “Account Type” dropdown menu.
- The next Outlook email setup step requires you to enter “pop.mail.lycos.com” in the “Incoming mail server (POP3)” field, and then “smtp.mail.lycos.com’ in the “Outgoing mail server (SMTP)” field.
- Now, you will be asked for your username and password. Enter the username and password
- Now, check the box near the option “Remember password”, so that the program can save your password.
- Click “Next” and then “Finish” and you’re done with the Outlook email setup process.
If you followed the Outlook email setup process correctly, your Lycos account should now be configured with your Outlook account.