The reason why Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email clients is its compatibility with other email account providers. And in reality, as long as you have the correct email settings, it has the capability to use any email provider out there. But this fact is unknown and users are a bit skeptical about whether Outlook can work with other email accounts that aren’t Gmail, yahoo or msn. So, what happens when you want to use your new EarthLink account with your Outlook? Well, the truth is, you can set it up as easily as other accounts with Outlook email setup.
The guidelines for EarthLink’s Outlook email setup
The Outlook email setup procedure is easy to follow. So, just follow these simple steps and you’ll breeze through this Outlook email setup procedure.
- As with other Outlook email setup procedures, start by clicking on ‘Tools’ from the Outlook toolbar and then on ‘Email Accounts’.
- Click the white circle button next to the ‘Add a new email account’ and then click the ‘Next’ button. Then chose ‘POP3’ and then click on the ‘Next’ button at the bottom of the window.
- Continue the Outlook email setup by typing in all your relevant details of your EarthLink account.
- Now, this step of the Outlook email setup tutorial is important – Read the documentation given by the EarthLink support team on what values to input in the configuration window. Make sure you follow exactly what they tell you to type.
- After you’re done typing in your EarthLink account details, then continue setting up your account by and fill in all the relevant details and enable all the right options too.
- Then, click for the ‘Advanced’ tab at the top of the window and set the ‘Outgoing server (SMTP)’ to ‘587’. After this, click on the ‘Test Account Settings’ to test your connection. If there’s a problem, once again recheck the settings you typed in and test the connection again. If it’s successful then you’ve configured your EarthLink account with Outlook email setup.
Remember to check all the details and settings you type in when you’re running the Outlook email setup. If you’ve got other email accounts you’d like to add using Outlook email setup, then read the email provider’s documentation and set the configuration as they’ve instructed. So, add more accounts using Outlook email setup and increase the functionality of your Microsoft Outlook.