Outlook 2010 is the latest version of Outlook and is more user-friendly than its previous versions. Configuring your email accounts in Outlook 2010 is now as simple as ever. You can do this by simply following some Outlook email setup instructions. This article is equipped with Outlook email setup instructions to add your Gmail account in Outlook 2010.
Outlook email setup instructions to setup your Gmail account in Outlook 2010
Mentioned below are the Outlook email setup guidelines which will help you to configure and access your Gmail account in Outlook 2010 using POP.
- Kick off this Outlook email setup procedure by launching your Outlook 2010.
- Now select “Info” from the “File” menu.
- Continue with this Outlook email setup procedure by clicking on “Accounts Settings”.
- Choose “Accounts Settings” from the drop-down list.
- Then go to the “Email” tab and select “New”.
- The sixth step in this Outlook email setup procedure is to select “Email Account” and click “Next”.
- Now choose “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and click “Next”.
- Choose “Internet Email” and click “Next” to go to the next stage of outlook email setup wizard.
- Provide your username, email address and log in information under respective boxes.
- Now provide the following server information, account type – POP3, Incoming mail server – pop.gmail.com, Outgoing mail server – smtp.gmail.com.
- Don’t forget to mark the check box which says “Remember password” so that you can avoid the trouble of entering it every time.
- Then click on the “more settings” button and mark the check boxes which say “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.
- Now click on the “Advanced” tab and provide “995” as the port number for incoming server and “587” for Outgoing server. Mark the check box labeled “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” and select TLS from the “Use the following type of encrypted connection” drop down list.
- Hit the “Ok” button and finally end this Outlook email setup procedure by clicking the “next button.
Once you have successfully completed all the above mentioned Outlook email setup guidelines, you will able to access your Gmail account in Outlook 2010. Enjoy the fun of accessing your Gmail account in Outlook 2010.