Microsoft Office Outlook is an email client program that helps to handle your mail. To use your account in Outlook, you will have to configure your account in it by following the Outlook email setup procedure. Microsoft Office Outlook permits the usage of any account in it, provided it is properly configured.
This article contains instructions on how to configure the Outlook email setup wizard to add a SBCglobal account.
Outlook email setup for SBCglobal accounts
- To initiate the Outlook email setup wizard, open Outlook and then click Tools. Choose Account Settings and select the E-mail tab. From the tab, press the New button.
- Activate the radio button next to “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP” and push Next.
- Mark the box labeled “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and then select Next.
- Choose Internet e-mail and then click Next.
- The Outlook email setup wizard now asks you to enter the particulars of the account. Enter the name that you want others to see, when you send messages. Also provide your email address.
- From the Account Type drop down menu, choose POP3.
- In the dialog box next to Incoming mail server, enter “pop.att.yahoo.com”. Also add “smtp.att.yahoo.com” in the box next to Outgoing mail server.
- In the next box, give the username and password of your SBCglobal account. Press Next and then click Finish to close the Outlook email setup wizard.
The Outlook email setup procedure for setting up SBCglobal account is now complete. You can now start sending or receiving emails. If, after the Outlook email setup procedure is complete, you face any errors; changes in Advanced Settings of your Outlook account might be required. Email service provider’s help is recommended for fixing such errors.