Charter Communications is a company based in America that offers cable television, telephone and high-speed internet services. Apart from this, it also offers email service to its customers. If you happen to have a Charter email account, it is possible to configure it on your Outlook. This saves you from the trouble of opening your Internet browser, visiting the Charter login page and typing your username and password every time you want to check your email. This article contains instructions for configuring your Charter email account in Outlook.
Outlook email setup instructions
Mentioned below are the Outlook email setup instructions for configuring your charter email account so that it can be accessed from Outlook.
- Start off by opening your MS outlook application.
- Click on the option labeled “Tools” from your Outlook’s main menu.
- Select the option labeled “Account Settings” from the tools menu.
- Go to the tab titled “E-mail” and then hit the button labeled “New”.
- Continue with this procedure by choosing “POP3” and hit the “Next” button.
- Mark the check box which says “Manually Configure server settings or additional server types” and hit the “Next” button.
- Select the option “Internet E-mail” and click on the “Next” button.
- Enter your name and email address in the respective fields.
- Enter “pop.charter.net” in the “Incoming mail server (POP3)” field.
- After that enter “smtp.charter.net” in the “Outgoing mail server (SMTP)” field.
- Enter your correct username and password in the respective fields.
- Hit the button titled “More Settings”. Mark the check box that says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and click on the radio button titled “Use same settings as my incoming mail server“.
- Go to the tab titled “Advanced” and mark the check box that says “This sever requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” located under “Incoming Server (POP3)”.
- Assign “110” as your “Incoming server” port number.
- Assign “25” as your “Outgoing server” port number and hit the “Ok” button.
- Click on the button labeled “Test Account Settings” and select the “Close” button.
- Finally end this procedure b y clicking “Next” and then “Finish”.
That’s all with the Outlook email setup instructions for configuring your Charter email account. Thanks for reading!