Outlook is an email client application that lets users to configure all their email accounts at one place. Configuring a web-based email account is an easy process and can be done by following the instructions mentioned in the email setup wizard. This article contains instructions to do the same.
Outlook email setup instructions
Follow the Outlook email setup instructions mentioned below for configuring your web-based email in MS Outlook.
- Start off this procedure by launching your Microsoft Outlook program.
- Continue by selecting “File” and then “Info” from the ribbon bar.
- Click on the option labeled “Account settings” and choose “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the “Email” tab. Select “New” and hit the “Next” button.
- Select the option “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and hit the “Next” button.
- Now click on the option labeled “Internet Email account” and then click the “Next” button.
- Click the option “Add New Email account”. Please refer the help section of the website of your webmail account provider to collect the required information for connecting your email account to Outlook.
- Click and choose the option for server type. Al most all the webmail accounts use either “POP3” or “IMAP” protocols, but it’s recommended that you go through the help section of your email providers website to get this information.
- Now provide your display name, email address and password in the respective fields.
- Click “Auto Account Setup” and wait till your Outlook application attempts to setup the account automatically. The setup window will close if Outlook was able to configure your email account automatically.
- Go ahead by clicking the link which says “Account Type” and then “Server Information”.
- If Outlook was not able to configure your account automatically, provide the incoming and outgoing mail server address in the appropriate fields. Then click on “More settings” and enter your logon and encryption information as required for your webmail account.
- Click on the option labeled “Test Account Settings” and wait till Outlook connects to the incoming and outgoing mail servers and check the connection and logon credentials.
- Finally end this procedure by clicking “Finish”.
Once you have followed all the above mentioned Outlook email setup instructions, your webmail account will be configured and ready to be accessed from Outlook.