Charter Email is a free email service offered by the Internet Service Provider, Charter. It is possible that the emails in Charter can be filtered with Outlook. This can eliminate the need to get a browser opened up to read your emails. The following instructions can help you for getting the Outlook email setup for charter email to be attached to your Outlook.
Outlook Email Setup instructions for Charter Email
Read on for the instructions to setup the charter emails
- Get the application for Outlook to be launched
- Once Outlook opens up, navigate to the main menu, from the main menu bar click on “Tools”. From the “Tools” sections scroll down for the “Account Settings” option and click on it.
- Now click on the tab for “Email” and then open up a new email by clicking on the “New” button.
- Next choose “POP3” and then hit “Next”. Now there will be an option called to “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” put a check mark on the check box. Then click on “Next” to proceed.
- From the options click on “Internet Email” and then on “Next”
- There will be a window with space to enter the name and email address, enter them into the fields provided.
- In the field “Incoming Mail server (POP3)” enter “pop.charter.net”. in the next field called “Outgoing mail server (SMTP)” field enter “smtp.charter.net”
- Again enter your name and password in the fields provided.
- From the following window, click on the button “More settings”. Then on the “outgoing server” tab. In the check box next to “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” put a check mark in it. And then put a radio button on “Use same settings as my incoming mail server.”
- Next click on the tab “Advanced”, then provide a tick mark in the check box near the “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)“. This option can be found under “Incoming Server (POP3”. In the fields for port number for “Incoming Server” enter “110”. And “25” in the “Outgoing server (SMTP)” port number. After this is set, click on “Ok”
- Next click on the button for “Test Account Settings” and then close the windows by clicking on “Close”. From the following window click on “Next” and then on “Finish”.
Following these instructions can get the Outlook email setup for charter to be set.