The email client from Microsoft, Outlook, helps you to configure different emails in it. Outlook email setup is simple and involves only a few steps. Some of the internet email accounts that you can configure in Outlook are Gmail, Yahoomail, Hotmail, GoDaddy etc. In this post, we will find out how to configure your GoDaddy Email account in your Microsoft Outlook program.
- The first step is to find out the incoming and outgoing server information of GoDaddy emails for email clients. For this, launch your internet browser, go to the website email.sercureserver.net, and go to the Help section. Choose the option Email Client Settings. Note the various settings like Incoming mail server, Outgoing mail server, port numbers etc.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook program and choose the option File. Select the option Add Account if you are using Outlook 2010. If you are using any of the earlier versions of the program, choose the option Tools and then Email Accounts.
- In the first window, you will find the fields for Name, Email Address, Password for your email address etc. Fill in the information and choose the option Next.
- In the next window, choose the option Manually configure server settings or additional server types and choose Internet E-mail. In the old versions of Outlook, choose the option POP or IMAP and select Next.
- Enter information like Incoming mail server, Outgoing mail server etc in the corresponding fields. Also, type your User Name and Password of GoDaddy account in the respective fields. Keep in mind that your User Name is the complete GoDaddy email address.
- Choose the option More Settings in the above window and then choose the tab Outgoing Server. Mark the option My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select the option Use the same settings as my incoming server.
- Select the tab Advanced and type the port numbers in the corresponding fields.
- Once you finish entering the settings, choose the option Test Account Settings and this will find out whether the Outlook email setup is correct. If all the settings entered by you are correct, you will receive a test email in your newly configured account. If the settings are wrong, you will receive error messages.
We hope that the above mentioned steps have helped you to set up GoDaddy account in Outlook. For further assistance, you may contact our technical support team.