Microsoft Outlook offers some of the best emailing options and features for users who use it. With Outlook, emailing becomes much easy and comfortable. You can configure Outlook to function with various email accounts. This allows you to access all the priority emails under one roof.
Before you configure Microsoft Outlook to work with Gmail, you can configure Gmail to work with Outlook. For that, you need to enable the IMAP protocol for your Gmail account so as to setup email in Outlook. Here are the steps involved.
To log into your Gmail account
- First, you need to click on the gear icon located to the right and then choose Settings.
- After that, you need to hit Forwarding and POP/IMAP to bring up the POP and IMAP settings.
- Then, you can click on enable IMAP.
- You can now click on Save Changes.
After configuring Gmail for IMAP, add your Gmail account to the email client. In case of Outlook 2013, here are the steps.
- Launch Outlook 2013.
- Select File and then Account Settings.
- In the Account Settings dialog box, click New.
- After that, you need to click on Email Account and then click Next.
- Select Manual Setup or Additional Server Types and then hit Next.
- You need to choose POP or IMAP, then hit Next.
Within Add Account page, key in the following information.
- Enter your name: the name to be displaced
- Email address: Your correct Gmail address
- Account type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.Gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.Gmail.com
- User name: Again, your entire Gmail address
- Password: Entre your Gmail password
- You need to click on More Settings
- After that click on Outgoing Server tab
- Then, you need to select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication
- You need to select Use Same Settings As My Incoming Mail Server
- You need to click on Advanced tab
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSLimage3.png
- Hit OK to close the More Settings dialog box
- And then, you need to click on Next
- Wait until Outlook tests the settings.
When the test is over, you need to click on the Close button. (In case the test is not successful, you need to carefully cross-check all your entries.) After that, you need to click on the Finish button. This finishes the setup email in Outlook. Contact our tech support desk for any further assistance.